Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kiyokazu Omori #strokeart2014

I’m Kiyokazu Omori. I was born and still live in Japan. I had a stroke four years ago when I was seventy years old. Since then, my speech has become extremely limited due to severe aphasia. I spend most of my time painting at home. Selecting a nice scene, which I like, drawing it even to the details, and showing my work to my friends at the Sumomo Club (a day-service facility in Osaka, Japan): the whole process is hugely enjoyable. Beyond the speech/language barrier I’m facing, I get to express myself with confidence through art, which is very valuable to me.

Featured Post

Epidemiologic profiling for stroke in Nepal: Endeavour towards establishing database

Resha Shrestha  @avi_neuro. , MS 1 , Avinash Chandra, MD 1 , Samir Acharya, MS 1 , Pranaya Shrestha, MS 1 , Pravesh Rajbhandari, MS 1 , Re...