Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Marta Cerar #strokeart2014

I am Marta Cerar, and it was summer 1997 when I went to mountains. Somehere half way hiking I had a stroke. My partner helped to came down to valley and to the hospital. My life has suddenly changed completely; I had a lot of rehabilitation but was retired very soon after my stroke and only at age 31. I had two children to care for. My right arm is only partly working, soon after stroke I started to ski, cycling, swimming and hiking in low hills. But was searching for more activities to fill in my life and attended few courses. Painting, however was always attractive to me and I am now painting with my left arm, using different painting techniques. I enjoyed it so much that often forget that I am using my left arm.

Featured Post

Epidemiologic profiling for stroke in Nepal: Endeavour towards establishing database

Resha Shrestha  @avi_neuro. , MS 1 , Avinash Chandra, MD 1 , Samir Acharya, MS 1 , Pranaya Shrestha, MS 1 , Pravesh Rajbhandari, MS 1 , Re...